Friday 8 March 2013

Asian Invasion

Wrap deliciousness!
I recently found a recipe for Asian inspired chicken wraps on Pinterest. I love anything Asian inspired because it usually so fresh tasting with a hint of spice. I find Asian food has so much depth of flavour. Its probably just because I love citrusy, garlicy, and cilantro so much.

The wrap was extremely easy to make, and I mean easy. All you have to do for this recipe is cook chicken and make a peanut sauce. All of the other ingredients are ready to put into the wrap, you toss chicken and sauce on top and BAM! just like Emeril, you have lunch or dinner.

I have not made any Asian yet for my blog and to be honest its because I used to be a stir-fry whore in university. I would literally make stir-fry's at least three times a week. So I apologize if I am disappointing anyone with this news but this blog is a no stir-fry zone. 
Just to clarify, I do make stir-frys still but since I make them so much and I am trying new recipes in this blog I won't be making one unless its a brand new one that I haven't tried. I'm open to suggestions fellow bloggers.

I would highly recommend anyone to try this recipe because it uses ingredients almost everyone has sitting in their cupboards and it's so damn tasty! If you wanted a vegetarian version I would saute firm tofu in the sauce that I cooked the chicken in. 

Find this awesomely Asian wrap recipe here. 

Enjoy cooking friends! 



Just before assembling the wraps.

10 comments:

  1. I have an obsession with wraps since they're so easy to make yet taste so good. This one seems like pad thai in wrap form. I will definitely try this out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was the same in university: stir fries all the way! What a great way to eat a bunch of different food groups - and yummy :) But wraps are a close second! And mmmm peanut sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look soo much better than something you would get at the core!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me hungry. Bring on the ASIAN INVASION!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anytime you want to cook for me, just let me know. I tip quite handsomely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carly I am so incredibly jealous of your cooking skills! This is a blog I should be taking notes from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dish looks delicious! Im going to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmygosh this looks so delicious! I'm going to have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carly! All your food is ridiculous! I need some lessons ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing and simple. Going to have to try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete