Friday 15 February 2013

Mexican Madness

Mexican right at home.
Ingredients for guacamole.
In spirit of my upcoming trip to Mexico I made fajitas. Most people have made tacos and fajitas including me, however I have never made homemade tortillas or my own Mexican seasoning.  Fajitas are quite easy, I chopped the chicken and fried it up with the peppers and onions and added my Mexican seasoning at the end. The Mexican seasoning recipe was found on Pintrest, I love that website. It could occupy me for hours.

Like a pancake, but better.
I pre-made guacamole as a garnish that we could accompany our fajitas with. I started making this particular recipe from The Healthy College Cookbook I bought myself in university knowing I wouldn't have a lot of time to cook.
Guacamole.

Much like the pasta dough the tortilla dough only had a few ingredients and was easy to make.  The only time consuming part is rolling out your dough and frying up each individual tortilla. But the little amount of work I had to do paid off and was well worth the final product. 

Cooking the onions, peppers and chicken.
If you feel a little SAD cause of the winter weather and lack of sunshine make some Mexican food, turn on the white noise app with some soothing beach waves crashing and pretend your on a sandy beach drinking a margarita. Andele! 



















10 comments:

  1. I love that you included pictures of the preparation process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy! I love making tacos, fajitas and quesadilla, but I've never thought to make my own tortilla before...something to try for sure. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guacamole with Franks hot sauce! Why is this the first time I've heard of this??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Franks! The best and easy way to make something spicy for those like myself who can only stand a hint of spice in her life!

      Delete
  4. I Love this blog! I also enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, but Mexican has to be one of my favourites. I'm definitely going to have to try making homemade tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...that looks delicious! I recently found corn flour at Freshco's (in the Mexican section) called "masa" flour for making tortillas. Corn tortilla's are perfect for papusas, my favourite El Salvadorian dish, which I have no idea how to make! Maybe you can make papusas and then tell me how to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im going to be looking into papusas Deanna. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  6. Mmmm mexican!

    All I can say is that this is my go-to meal lately.

    Looks good Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a terrible cook but this doesn't look too hard. Thank you for making cooking less scary for those of us that aren't pros.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Yum! Yum! Mexican is my favourite food so I will definitely be giving this a try also I have to say I'm feeling a little ripped off that I never was brought a sample of these seeing that I supplied you with cookies all the time ;) Too make it up to me you can just make me some before the end of the term

    ReplyDelete