Wednesday 20 February 2013

Mmmmmussels

Creamy, curried and yummy.

Mussels is the quintessential entertaining meal. They are easy, delicious and fun to eat. For a quick dinner Saturday I bought some mussels and fresh bread at Superstore and voila dinner is made.  
Well…its not quite that easy. The broth is the most difficult part. There are several different broths I like to make to cook mymussels in but I decided on making a brand new curry coconut flavoured broth. It again took a couple of ingredients because unless I'm in the mood to spend all day in the kitchen I like to make something quick, easy, tasty and somewhat healthy. In all honesty the entire process took me about half of an hour and we were filling our bellies with seafood before I knew it.

So in the middle of February why not look ahead to the long, hot summer nights when seafood seems to be the food of the season. Get some friends, a good bottle of wine (or beer) and laugh, eat, drink and dig into some mussels.
Just a couple of tasty ingredients.


Check out Curried Coconut Mussel recipe, I created here.






1 comment:

  1. Mussels are one of my favourite things to eat. I am definitely going to have to try this recipe the next time I have people over!

    ReplyDelete